Thursday, December 09, 2004

Destination Oxbridge?

Arrgh I hate Hate HATE the darn school coms here that actually have limited internet usage of 20400KB per day. Yes as you can see I even remember the quota because I always see it!! Darn it, sorry anyone who's been suddenly cut off when talking to me...well now you know the reason! But honestly, even YJC's computers were beter! And with the amounts you pay there, well I suppose you can't blame Mr Ganesh THAT much for dreaming up silly economy drives can you?

Anyway Mocks are approaching for me-they're something like prelims. The real thing is done in 6 separate modules-3 of which are done each year. If you read one of my previous entries you'll see what I thought about studying here and cheating. I don't know but as my dad says that ain't really the case. The reason about the comparatively easier papers here are because of the wider spread of abilities caused by London's much bigger population. And besides, the grade boundary for As here is at least 80% though it's sometimes determined by looking at a specific quantile of the overall country's final score-perhaps the top 80% or something?

*Following this paragraph is mindless crap. You have been forewarned.*
I don't know, have I really been so obsessed with failure? Perhaps the nagging fear of complacency or something that I won't "be the best" in Singapore or something? The teachers here once said that they want to prepare me for Oxbrige-that means either Oxford or Cambridge(Common enemy of Singaporean students and teachers alike!) University... Hmm...

Not too long ago typing that would have been a big no-no. I have been brought up such that I often hesitate to reveal much "personal info", the logic being that someone will most definitely have either something to say about it, or some way to use that information to your disadvantage in the near future.

Oxbridge? HAO LIAN AH!!! *Dreams me being squashed under a bus*

Ohh believe me my friends I too have often done that sort of thing myself... Where else might a bruised head get you???

Have I been making any sense at all? Perhaps it's a good thing, then, that I can't think of anything else to crap about now.

I will write about X soon, borrowed from Diyana Abbasali. Have been immensely fortunate enough to meet fellow Anime fan-WOOT! Am also reading this "Jing-King of Bandits" as well.

But you all enjoy your after-promo life. Will look forward to see you all soon!

BTW: Does anyone know how to Tag on Robin's blog?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home