Thursday, January 20, 2005

Assorted Ramblings

Finally got the mood to write again. Apologies for the long absence. Coincidentally enough many of my favourite blogs also came to a sudden standstill the moment Azrul's blog shut down. Right now though there are many things I want to talk about, one wonders what I should start with first...
.
I'll start with the most recent, seemingly most boring facts first. Just had a Statistics exam-Edexcel Module S1 for normal A level Maths. Botched quite a bit of the paper to be honest, losing at least 8 marks of a total 75. Around 80% is required for an A, but the grade boundary may change according to how well the cohort performs. I suppose I still have my chances but I doubt I'm headed for anything solidly satisfactory. Arrgh...Maths sux, even when it's easy, because of irritating tendencies to write things like 3 X 3=6. Indeed it is THE one subject that has caused me to lose more marks than the rest of my other subjects put together!!! Grr...
.
Enough about that crap now anyway. I'm annoyed enough as it is to have lost my copy of Return of the Native along with my bookmark and all my notes in it. Let's not go into that now though or I will be strongly tempted to swear. Instead, I rather feel like looking at the tests I've done before. No not academic tests, but rather certain personality tests that I've done on the web recently.
.
I'll start with the most monumental one-a test for transexuality. It is a long story as to how and why I took it and I shan't go into that now. Suffice it to say that I had rather commit suicide than become the next CHS guy who goes for a sex change. Neither am I gay. That being said, the result may be somewhat unique. Apparently, they classified me as "Androgyne, with a character independent of the qualities of both sexes," That seems somewhat right I suppose. I mean, find me a boy who likes Lit and is somewhat fond of CCS, for example. So anyway I shared the result with my parents, and their reaction was an immediate "NONONONONONONO!!! That website is sooooo wrong...you're not any girl at all...."
.
Or something of that sort anyway. I pressed on to find out their reasons for saying that, and gathered that they feel that such websites "influence" people. Well I'm not influenced by a result like that. And I think anyone else who's reading this is also intelligent enough to distinguish when a site is blabbering absolute crap about someone they've never met before as well.
.
Though teenagers would continue in similar vein when they go out late, yet cannot reply when their parents get visited by policemen the next day. And indeed it is an opinion worh considering. From what I observe of myself and many others, psychological processes in the brain do not necessarily have to be tangible, distinguishable thoughts before they are able to manifest themselves and wreak havoc in your mind. In other words, in this case, a person who is not transexual but gets a result telling them that he is, needs not look at it and consciously say something like "Hmm...perhaps I've been judging myself wrong all along." The result will stick in his mind and stay there, and it being there will be able to exert a subconscious spin upon all his daily actions that he becomes what he actually is not. It's just like how people get influenced by watching violence on TV. They don't need to go "That looks fun/all right to do etc" before they go on another chainsaw massacre. An innate programme in man causes us to emulate everything that goes around us-that's why humans are born helpless yet can grow up to learn so fast. And like our other animal instinct of reproduction, its elusive presence makes it all the more insidious, and only those who are keenly aware of their emotions are able to clamp down upon it, decide it is crap, then chuck it away.
.
But let's move on to another type of test- the type that persuades you to take it and promises a wish if you send it to X people. Here are my results of one I found particular interesting as well as popular (even someone in London sent it to me recently), along with what they mean.
1) 5-lucky number
2) 8600-no to tell about game before wish comes true
3) (Couldn't think of anyone)-The person whom you romantically love-LOL!!!
4) Zi Cheng-care most about
5) Clement-knows me very well
6) Between Vincent and my Dad-lucky star
7) Mum? -like but can't work out (Do I look like I've an Oedipus complex!?)
8(Song) Nothing's gonna change my Love for you- match with person no 3
9(Song) Beautiful soul- for person no 7
10(Song) CCS Song Tooi kono machi de(In this distant town)- tells one most about your mind
11(Song) A Cantonese opening version of CCS-your feelings about life
.
Some obviously don't make sense-how am I supposed to tell 8600 people about this, for example!? Others are fairly accurate-no 10 being about home hit the nail on the head (believe it or not I'm homesick for Sg), and songs 8 and 9 would look like those intended for the type of people they were meant for, though as you can see I obviously didn't handle love very well. As for 4-6, well I suppose at that time I was talking to Vincent, so my mind was actually on my old CHS friends. And I find it immensely interesting I had no answer to 3! lolZ, but I can just imagine some crazy, doubt-laced girl/guy who tries to get their "soulmate" to do the quiz and hopes their name appears there! Man...oh well at least since I'm "unattached", I won't have anyone to answer to, eh? =P
.
Anyway as you can see it was, to a respectable degree, accurate. Add that to the fact that by looking ahead while doing the questions and you gotta wonder how they do it!? I suppose the most decent explanation I can probably think of would probably be related to instinctive reactions to each number, maybe something like because 10 is a nice round number you'd be motivated to associate it with something close to your heart? That probably might not be totally accurate but I doubt it's too far off the mark. If that is the case though, some psychologist out there must be REALLY bored...Anyway in case I have no mood to start posting for another long while, check this site out. Discovered it from another friend's blog. It's a seriously hard vocab test on which I scored the 47th percentile (below average arrgh!). Unless you're an Azrulean demigod, you may learn something new from it or the other tests there.

LOL~Azrulean demigod =) That reminds me of that time in which I spoke of the "Dennisian demigod", named after top student in CHS with ultra 1337 Japanese skills. Was talking about the process one has to go through to obtain a Japanese PR. If I don't remember wrongly it's like this...
-First, you need to to score Level 1, the highest qualification in a recognised Japanese proficiency test.
-Then you need to qualify for a Jap university, then attend courses there for a number of hours before you graduate.
-You then need a company to employ you, and actually be willing to endorse you before you can change your student visa to a working visa.
-Lastly, after living for about 3-5 years in Japan, you can apply for PR, during which the government will an officer to your hose. He/she will examine your lifestyle, to check if you're truly "Japanese" in your lifestyle and behaviour. They may even question your neighbours and associates on this.
-If you meet the 30-40% chance of success, you can get your PR.

.................................................
Now Behold THE rant of all time, consisting of ANY and EVERY manner of typing sin EVER known to mankind!!!

LIKE WtF MANZ1?1/?!?!/1//!!1/1? IsNt SG SuX CRAPZZZZ UnD3M0Cr4T1C 3n0uGh WIF nS OMG WTF LOL?/1!11! WaH pIaNg XIAZX...Y mUz R3sTr1cT UNTIL LyK tt HaHhhhh..........ppL3 W4N 2 WORK AND EARN $$$ 4 U OSO d0w4n OMg wTf LOLx. I m34N, I n03 CulTuR3 Is imPt but lyK 30-40 OmG wtF tt IS lyK STR1CT LOL1/?!?!/1?! BcOS I Lyk Jp n AlLZ n lyK b33n PoLit3 and Jpn3s3 BuT LyK SOOOOO Strict HOW tO GET IF noT luckY1?!/1/!/1/1/LIGHTEN UP A BIT plZzZzzZzzZ!? DuN D3NY diS poor 2M0Y0 WOrShIpPER e Ch4nC3 2 eXp e CHANCE 2 Live It UPZXZXZX and ENJOY hiS SuShi etc plZzXzZxZXZzxXZ omgwtflol1.>!?!?/1

Looks Like American aolian but isn't totally american aolian. Looks English, isn't truly English. Looks frivolous teenage typespeak but isn't 100% frivolous teenager typespeak. In the unlikely event that Japanese officials visit this site, perhaps THAT will ensure that they would not understand it, hence ensuring I still have a chance of staying there for a while.....

Right. That's all I have to say for now. I have quite a few other things to talk about, but I'm running out of time right now. Annoying school com isn't able to type Japanese here so I'll have to contend with Romaji for now....
Ja, Mata ne! =)