Saturday, November 12, 2005

It was a while back since I read Lyn's blog post on a Christian who backslided. I posted this message on here comments-double-posted in fact, I'm afraid. Anyway, I was reminded once more of a point of view that, though rather harsh and perhaps a tad overzealous, would still seem perfectly logical.

"Helping to increase the number of people who repent the one single thing that I can think of that we can do for God that actually matters a great great deal. Hence to ignore such a request, in spite of all the things that He has done for us, is being quite ungrateful.

Jesus was once approached by a rich man who asked Him something along the lines of what he should do to be more like Him or something. After a series of questions in which the rich man answered favourably, Jesus declared for the man to sell all his posessions, give the profits to charity, and follow him. In other words, the rich man was told that to be more like Jesus, he should give up ALL his earthly posessions and follow him. However, he did not.

And every day we lead our lives worried about pernickety earthly stuff, simultaneously wishing for the same thing the rich man wanted. Who else but us is to be blamed for our unhappiness in life???"

I'm not at all depressed or unhappy right now. On the contrary, a number of minor obstacles that I have faced have magically metamorphopsed into some rather sweet fruits. It's one of the moments that I am aware of the chaos of the world-and am aware of its unruly self tearing away at anything it can get its hands on, yet am remotely affected, crusing along a purpose-driven path, knowing yet unmoved by the fact that tomorrow my peace may end, unaffected by it all.

Bliss-and here I refer not just the spiritual Christian conception of it, but also your own, everyman take on what exactly it is. When you have it, think of the people who don't have it. Shouldn't we be doing something about that?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well its Raymond here commenting on this account because I'm too lazy to log onto my other.

Anyway, I find people, even Christians, not living out the Joy of their Lord in the lives. I mean, the Bible says that even the hair on our head is numbered by God, and if God cares for us in such detail, more important matters like the worries that often plague our mind are definitely gonna be settled by God for us. financial concerns, friendship problems, family crisis etc etc...

4:06 pm  
Blogger harry_kinomoto said...

Yes indeed that is true, but what I wonder now, is that now that God has done so many favours for us, if we should be returning the favour. To spread the joy that we have received, to help people live out the joy of God in their lives like we have learnt to do, to do for God the one thing that I think that can actually be considered, in some remote sense of the word, a favour, ie to preach. Perhaps we should even do it even though we don't feel like doing it, like for example obeying God even though we feel defiant...Is it something more of a personal choice and perhaps, even an obligation?? What do you think?

10:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this post

Hey harry_kinomoto, you have a pretty good blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a fantasy knife Fantasy Knives. It pretty much covers
fantasy knife related stuff.

Come and check out fantasy knife if you get time, Nice going !

9:07 am  
Anonymous Water Damage Chicago, IL said...

I was brought up believing in God my entire life and so has everyone around me. I would be so lost without him!

<3 Linds

8:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home